Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Surprises...

I love surprises. Especially when surprises involve photos; photos that are hiding among megapixels on my memory card that I left forgotten in my camera. My "go-to" camera that I carry everywhere; that I use when I don't have my DSLR with me. It's a necessity for those impromptu strolls on the beach or those surprising "perfect" shots as you're driving down a back road.
And then there are the beautiful memories that come with finding photos tucked away in folders on my laptop that I never scrolled through. I uploaded photos from July 4th and got distracted and never even looked at how striking the sky came out in these shots of the evening sunset.

The Braga Bridge with gorgeous oranges, reds, purples, and pinks lighting up the night sky as the sun made it's final descent.

Battleship Cove with what looked like a purplish-pink blanket being pulled over the sky.

As we searched for a spot to sit and watch the fireworks, the sky was just breathtaking to look at from every different angle.

The reflections were amazing across the bay, all around the battleship.


And then there are these little beauties that I found on my memory card from a sunset stroll at Gooseberry Island.
It did not capture the true beauty of this shot, but it literally looked like heaven shining down.

The sun was setting...

getting brighter and brighter...

lighting up the entire sky...


reflecting across the ocean, shining pink across the ridges of the waves.

And what's better than finding a photo of your hubby walking his puppy along the beach at sunset?


No comments: