Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Soul-Reaching Happiness

This place makes me happy. I'm not sure whether it is the breathtaking sunsets or the gold-tipped clouds that make it feel like a piece of heaven on earth.


And it doesn't seem to matter whether I am there at sunrise or sunset, for thirty minutes or three hours, it is intoxicating.



The skyline is different every time I visit and as I walk along the same paths and along the same shoreline, I always seem to find something new and beautiful.




And as the shadows fall all around and the sun sinks farther behind the horizon a whole new kind of beauty comes alive. The colors of pink, orange, blue, and purple give one last burst of energy as they succumb to nighttime, and oh man is it beautiful.



Moonlight here is like magic. It makes everything ethereal.




We linger as the sun completely disappears and there are no words to describe that kind of peace.
The kind that brings a smile to your eyes and a calmness to your heart.

I hope that wherever you are, you are enjoying your own place like this, that brings that kind of soul-reaching happiness we all need now and then in our lives.



No comments: