Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Summer"

I have been going through some photos I have shot over the past few weeks and I finally completed a photo project that I have been working on for quite some time. (More to come on the actual project) I was looking for some sort of inspiration and what better than summer? I wanted to capture summer, so here are my favorite photos of the moment.


Wild daisies at the beach...just waiting to be gathered in a bouquet.

A field of daisies and vivid pink beach roses...with the ocean crashing in the background.


Bright blue and purple hydrangeas that are in full bloom in my backyard, just gorgeous.They make me smile.


A white painted fence post at the beach with more beautiful beach roses tucked alongside. Beach roses are so simple and yet so astonishingly beautiful. Their color, their scent, and their randomness are what make them so unique.


I snapped this photo at Gooseberry Island, with the breeze blowing through this breathtaking field of wheat. Makes me think of childhood and not having a care in the world.


Summer is not complete without stunning sunsets and watching them set over the masts of summer sailboats.


An afternoon spent wandering the streets of Newport, watching the sparkle of the sun on the ocean.


Happening across a forgotten boat, beautiful and mysterious.


Promises of another warm summer day as the sun sets over the Westport River.


Walking along the river, painted toenails, and cool, refreshing water. The perfect afternoon.


The cliffwalk in Newport, looking out at views that are gorgeous.


Flowers in my yard, big, beautiful, and filling the air with the fragrance of summer.


Finding surprising bursts of pure white wildflowers on a hike through the woods.


Meandering through the trails, overlooking a pond with a beauty all it's own.


And again, because they make me happy, my hydrangeas.

And because summer and the beach are one in the same, one of our favorite spots at the beach.

A picnic by the ocean, feet in the sand, soaking up the sun with my best friend.

Enjoying the sunshine with some music and the one that I love.

One of my all time favorites, this picture just says "happiness" to me.

And finally, the relaxing calm of wildflowers on our favorite island, where we retreat to enjoy summer afternoons.

Loving summer...and enjoying every moment on this journey. :)

No comments: