Thursday, May 20, 2010

Quarter Century Mark

His quarter century mark, that is what Martin is calling today. His 25th birthday. 25 years that this amazing man has been on this earth.
So today we celebrate him. His honesty, his perseverance, and mostly his ability to love. He loves like no other. He has an outlook on life that makes the sun feel warmer and the sky seem bluer.


This man is the love of my life. His dashing good looks, his (and I have to say it...) beautiful personality, and his soul are what draw me to him. We are connected on a different level. I knew it before I even met him. We got to know each other while we were still searching for that someone...if that makes any sense. We were what one another were missing and even though we were merely 14 when we met we knew it was special right from the beginning.


The day of our wedding we said our vows while looking into each other's eyes and feeling everything fall into place. As I stood there on that day, feeling the tears in my eyes and the happiness in my heart, I was so overwhelmed with God's grace that I wished I could pause it, if for just a moment, so I could try to take it all in for a little bit longer. I felt so humbled and so emotionally connected at that moment to this man, my soulmate.



He is one of the hardest workers I know, his carefree attitude makes him loveable, and his non-judgmental spirit inspires others. He is full of surprises, always up for having fun, and can make me feel the flutter of butterflies with just the flash of his smile.





As he turns 25, I look forward to the continuation of this journey of life, with him as my companion. My best friend, my love...I wouldn't want anybody else by my side.



So here's to the next 25 years babe! You are such an amazing person and I hope that you realize how much you bring to life; our life. It wouldn't be extraordinary without you. Happy Birthday! I love you.

No comments: