Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Easter

I have been meaning to post photos from Easter...I sorta forgot. So here they are. We started off in Westport, met up with Anthony and Jacquie, and headed to New Hampshire. We arrived to find blue skies and sunshine...a perfect Easter day.

We sat on the deck and chatted, enjoying the weather and catching up with everyone.


My Mom received an enormous Easter card ... very cute :)


We sipped our drinks and basked in the sun...just talking and enjoying each other's company.


My Mom had the cutest baskets set up with veggies and ranch dip in one, and fresh cut apples with a toffee dip in the other.


My Dad made one of his famous concoctions for the men...a maitai...and my dad's drinks pack a punch.


And it wouldn't be a family get-to-gether without some friendly teasing between Martin and Bethany. Going on ten years now...and they still go at it.


We got some group photos...me and my sisters...gosh do I love them. There is something about having sisters...something you cannot describe. We know each others' souls. Whether we go days or weeks without seeing one another we are always ready with a hug, a hug that makes the world stand still, and in that moment everything is okay. It's always fun to come home, to laughter as Vicki comes running around the corner and engulfs me in an embrace and to the twinkle in Bethany's eye as she comes walking up behind her already gushing about her sorority events and how school is going. These two girls truly bring a smile to my face. These girls are not only my sisters but my best friends.


Martin and I, even though I'm pretty sure I was holding my breath as he sat on the corner of the deck. I know he won't fall...but it makes my stomach flip flop.


The boys and Vicki had a great time playing basketball and football during the afternoon. It was so nice out we all took advantage of the beautiful weather. Nothing like welcoming spring with a gorgeous Easter day.


My BFF's :)


And one of the many reasons I love my husband...who else would I find eating the top to a pineapple? Haha.


And, of course, my wonderful parents, who look pretty darn cute in this picture! I love them for being who they are...for raising us girls the way they did...and for always being there for us.
A wonderful Easter...Spring is here and Summer is on it's way!! :]

No comments: